As a Christian school, our teachers model their Christian faith by their actions and in communication with our students and families. All teachers are required to be active members of a local church. For more information, please contact the school office or email our school Administrator, Joette Whittingham at email@example.com.
MS Math (Temporary Position September – December)
The Middle School Math Teacher shall be a born-again Christian committed to living a biblical lifestyle and called by God to teach at Seacoast Christian Academy. The teacher will be responsible for providing a quality instruction in accordance with the philosophy, mission, policies and procedures of the school. The teacher shall prayerfully help students learn attitudes, skills, and subject matter that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible Christians who will make a transforming influence in their world to the praise and the glory of God. The middle school math teacher must also possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and have a teacher certification or a commitment to become certified.
The Middle School Math Teacher will be responsible for the following:
- Plan lessons that teach students appropriate grade level math courses
6th – 8th Grade Math
- Assess students to evaluate their abilities, strengths, and weaknesses
- Teach lessons they have planned to an entire class or to smaller groups
- Grade students’ assignments to monitor their progress
- Communicate with parents about their child’s progress
- Work with students individually to help them overcome specific learning challenges
- Prepare students for standardized tests required to monitor progress
- Develop and enforce classroom rules
- Supervise students outside of the classroom—for example, at lunchtime or during detention